Thursday, December 13, 2007

Back in the saddle.

I feel lazy. Completely. I know I need to get back to running, and I know I want to, but it's so much more fun to sit on the couch on my ass when I get home from work. And it's so much easier to stay in bed at 5:00 in the morning when the alarm goes off. And it's so much easier to sit here and come up with a million excuses as to why I shouldn't or can't run.

Deep down, I love it. And once I get out there and get started I love it. Okay, I love it after the first 15 minutes when I have to talk to myself outloud to get myself to keep going. I'm mentally lazy. Seriously. I KNOW my body can do it. My brain has to convince itself that what I'm doing is fun. Cause it IS. And I love how I feel after I'm done running. It's just GETTING STARTED.

Getting started...

I have an hour drive home after work to ramp myself up. Hopefully the rain stops. It's pouring here right now. (Is that another excuse?) Seriously...POURING. So, the rain will stop, and I will get home and put my gear on before I do anything else, even before I pee. Because then I'm half way to getting started. And if I'm in the clothes, I might as well use them. So...there it is.

I will run. And I will finish. And I will love it because I always do. And THAT is what I have to remember.

Go me.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Lisa, I wish I can cheer you on, but I have no nothing to give. I am making this double down really easy against me too easy. Girl, you wait till I find that GAD after the holidays:-D

Go run thnik how your just blowing me off the scales!

Yasmin said...

I completely understand your thoughts. I, too, will change into my workout clothes before I think about doing anything else.

That way, I changed, have sat down on the couch and know I have to go do something or I just look like a couch potato in workout attire.

Carly said...

I hear you on the "just getting started". Once I am out there, I am fine, but the first steps are brutal.