Thursday, January 3, 2008

Whoda thunk it?

Never in a million years would I believe I'd be sitting here, with it being 12 degrees outside, wanting so badly to bundle myself up and run. I mean...come ON, that's frostbite weather for Pete's sake! Yet...I have this overwhelming urge to just go out and do it. I wouldn't have thought that I'd miss running so much, particularly when I have to force myself to do it some times.

My cousin summed it up properly by saying it was the "Runner's High" that kept him going. That wonderful, exhausted feeling of accomplishment and pride that is felt when the run is complete. That is the feeling I remember when I'm dong running. And that is the feeling that I'm missing right now.

I can't wait to get to the doctor to find out what's wrong with this leg. Hopefully I was just doing too much too soon and I'll need to throttle back a bit. Hell, at this point, I wouldn't even be upset if he told me I had to start from the beginning again. That actually might make me a stronger runner, who knows.

For now, I will sit and think about that feeling and wait patiently for the time when I can get out there again. Until then, Im going to become very well acquainted with the local Y.

2 comments:

Viv said...

Oh, Lisa..I know, I know. You know the tailspin I went through. Just stick with the Y. It will be over soon, and will come out stronger, and wiser. I am totally hoping you do Cleveland as well. I need a bunking buddy!

Tammy said...

Good luck with the dr, Lisa! Hoping that you get good news!