Sunday, April 6, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Well, I don't know quite what I was so worried about. I got through 3.5 miles no problem. And the amazing thing is that I ran them at about an 11:30 pace. That's good for a fat girl who['s first 5K was at a 12:59 pace and that was just at the end of November. I'd say that's quite an improvement. I was very proud of myself. I've been working a lot on controlling my breathing and it seems to make a big difference. So does having stuff to look at. The TM is ok and all, but outside is the way to go.

I think I am going to go do that 5K this coming Saturday. So what if I don't make it to run the entire thing. I'll bet I can, though. I think I've officially been bitten by the running bug again, and that's not a bad thing.

Thanks, girls, for all of you who have been nudging me back here.

1 comment:

Viv said...

WTG! All that cross training has been paying off as well! Glad to have you back and running. I think you should do that 5K and set your self a PR! Great job, Lisa!!