Saturday, April 5, 2008

Okay, so I suck.

Alright...after much prompting and borderline harrassment (THANKS, Elysia!), I am here to update my long lost blog.

I have healed from the tendonitis in the ankle and have started running again. I haven't made it outside yet, because it has been cold and truth be told, I am scared. I am afraid to run outside because that is where I got hurt the first time. I know I just need to get over it, but it is really tough to get past mentally. I have been telling myself all week that this weekend I will get out and do three miles. Well...that day is tomorrow. Hopefully I have an update to post tomorrow afternoon.

In my hiatus, I have joined the YMCA near where I work. I have kept up with that, going every morning before work. I roll my fat ass out of bed at 4:45 and go to the gym. I run, swim, bike, and lift weights in a rotating fashion. I LOVE it. It is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Plus, it came with an uunexpected fringe benefit...a boyfriend.

I've been dating a guy I met at the Y for about 6 weeks now. He works there, and I am totally the happiest I have been in quite sometime. It's amazing. He is the best man EVER. And I mean EVER.

At any rate, I am still alive and kicking - er, running. I may attempt another 5K this coming Saturday. If not, then it will be the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure with a bunch of friends in May.

Until next time....I'm out.

1 comment:

Viv said...

WOOOHOOOO!!! I missed ya sweetie! So, happy your so happy! i can see it jump out of the page at me :-)
Keep up the great work!!